My skin care routine with Roots and Herbs

09:47

During my college days and right now also my major skin issue have always been tanning and uneven skin tone. For past 2 months my skin has been exposed to sun and pollution a lot and a result I have tanning, breakouts and lot of dead dry patches all over my face.

While I was dealing with these issues I came across this organic brand ROOTS AND Herbs in the December edition of My Envy Box. So I was looking forward to use some more skin care products by them. The products of roots and herbs are 100%vegan and made in India. They deal with hair and skin care products addressing different type of issues.   

Skin issues: Dull, Dry, Dehydrated, Tanned, Uneven Skin Colour.

If you have similar skin issues then do not skip reading this.





ASHWAGANDHA SKIN ILLUMINATING FACE UBTAN

Ingredients: Dhanvi Chaal extract, Ashwagandha extract, Kasturi Manjal extract, Ashopallav Chaal extract, Nir Brahmin extract, Lodhuya extract, Kapoor, Daru harida, Vacha, Gulab phul, Nagkesar extract, Jaiphal extract, Nimbi, cold pressed jojoba oil, cold pressed apricot kernel oil, steamed distilled rose oil, steam distilled germanium E.O, steam distilled lemon oil.

Price: Rs 960 (100 gm) (Buy Here)

Packaging, texture and smell: It comes in powder form and has an herbal smell. It comes in a tub packaging with a lid which stops the powder from spilling on opening.




ASHWAGANDHA SKIN ILLUMINATING ACTIVATOR

Ingredients: Ghrit kumara, vertiver extract, calendula extract, ashwagandha extract, steam distilled lemon E.O, steam distilled Frankinsence E.O.

Price: Rs 490 (220 ml) (Buy Here)

Packaging, texture and smell: It comes in a bottle with a press down cap opening . It is a milky white color liquid and has a citric smell.





MOISTURIZER: POMEGRANATE KAYA KELP ELIXIR

Ingredients: Pomegranate fruit and peel extract, rose peltals, marigold petals, jasmine flower, kumud, gokharu, wintercherry extract, nagkesar, jivanthi, grith kumara extract, vrihi, cold pressed: olive fuit oil, wheatgerm oil, jojoba oil, steam distilled: nutmeg E.O, lavender E.O, frankinsense E.O.

Price: Rs 1490 (50 ml) (Buy Here)

Packaging, texture and smell: It is oil based moisturizer and comes in a glass bottle with a dropper. It has a very sweet smell of pomegranate.





HOW TO USE: Take the required quantity and mix it with Ashwagandha skin illuminating activator. Apply it on cleansed face and neck. When semi-dry, wet the mask, massage and wash off. Do not dry the mask completely. Followed by Pomegranate Kaya Kalp Elixir Moisturiser.

MY EXPERIENCE

I always rely on natural products but it always takes a lot of time and effort to whip out such packs at home and be regular with these home remedies. So it’s a win-win situation for lazy person like me when you can make such a miraculous pack consisting of so many therapeutic and herbal ingredients within a minute. The ingredients of the pack, activator and moisturiser have antibacterial, anti-ageing, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, anti sceptic properties. Some of the herbal ingredients used by them are not easily available and costly.

I have been using this Ubtan pack mixed with the activator followed by the pomegranate moisturiser for about three weeks. This pack causes a cooling sensation (because of kapoor and Ashwagandha) on application which stays for a good time of 10 minute even after removing the pack, which is so relaxing. This really helps my burning skin to calm down because of the presence of Ashwagandha which is known to reduce inflammation and prevents ageing. This pack already seems like a blessing to me for the approaching summers. It makes my skin look fresh, radiant and help it get rid of all the dirt and excess oil. It gives instant brightness and glow to my skin.

On regular use it has also helped in removing the dry skin patches from all over my face. It has even helped in controlling my acne outburst. It has helped in de-tanning my face and also in regaining my complexion back.

I keep the mask on for about 15 minutes and before I rinse it off, I circularly massage it into my skin using wet hands all over my face and neck for few minute (RECOMMENDED). Then after 10-15 min I apply the pomegranate moisturizer. It has completely helped my skin rejuvenate and revive.Can be used 4-5 times in a week.



PROS
  • Packaging
  • Soothes the skin and Helps the skin to revive and revitalise
  • Helps in dealing with many skin issues like uneven skin tone, de-tanning
  • Have anti ageing properties
  • Adds instants brightness and subtle glow
  • Helps in regaining complexion
  • Made up of natural and herbal ingredient
  • Adequate quantity

CONS

  • Prices are quite high but worth buying it.


Rating: 4.9/5


Would I recommend?
I will totally recommend buying these products in a kit because they work together to solve the skin issues. High price should not stop you from trying them out because the quantity is really good and would last for about 4-6 months (depends how many person are using them)

I hope you all liked this post and find it of some help.


Stay tuned until next.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Liked your skin care routine. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information about hair care and best product
    Detox hair spray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know about skin care routine with natural herbs. It must be natural with out any side effects. Skin Whitening body soap!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Look Fantastic

Look Fantastic India - 180 x 150

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images