STRIPE VIBES!!!

10:06

Hey hope you all are doing well. I am so sorry for not posting so long just got busy with my exams and travelling. This year monochrome stripes have been on my mind all the time. If I wear casual denim then the ultimate choice left with me is a stripe T-shirt. There are lots of things in stripes that have made their way in to my wardrobe and can’t wait to style them. But this post is about testing my imagination and I try to bring them out in “What I Wear and How?”. Slit tops have inspired me lot and stripes too so I just experimented by combining them both together and to my surprise it turned out to be much more than I expected.

You all must have heard that stripes make you look fat but I totally disagree. I am already healthy but never felt like that way instead I feel confident wearing them. As per me stripes always look smart and lots of statement looks can be created out of them all round the year like in winters by layering them with blazers, jackets, shackets. Stripes are something that always fit in trend and are good to go every time.

I had an interesting issue before finalizing the whole design that whether I should go for horizontal stripes or vertical stripes but daringly I finally chose to go with vertical ones. The reasons for going with vertical stripes are:

11.      I have seen lots of clothes in horizontal stripes but very limited designs in vertical stripes.
22.    Vertical stripes are considered to be great choice if you are vertically challenged as they make you look long and lean.

Coming up to the designing part, I really wanted it to be different so rather than the trending hot monochrome black and white stripes I went for bold blue and white broad stripes. It is designed in two parts, the top is separately stitched to the lower A- line portion. To keep it versatile I got a front slit done so that it is not just limited to the ethnic side and can be easily paired with anything. I paired it with dark blue rugged denim and didn’t accessorized the look at all because it is very wrong when people say that accessorizing is always necessary. 
I completed my look with a blue heeled belly and to make the look more bold and exotic I wore a dark lip color. It is the perfect time to switch from pink and orange lippies to the darker and deeper ones with the approaching winters. I feel that stripes are much more then than just bold floral prints and solid colors so just stay tuned a lot more of stripe vibes are coming!!!!















Slit top: Self Designed.|Jeans: Provogue|Heels: Khadim India

I would really like to know how you guys will style this slit top .


Style good!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Look Fantastic

Look Fantastic India - 180 x 150

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images